If you were wondering what all the craze for ‘Holographic Nail Polishes’ was about, then you have come to the right place. This blog will serve as your ultimate guide to one of the most popular nail polish finishes: Holographic Nail Polishes.
Have you seen those shiny aesthetic Instagram nails whose color somewhat resembles a rainbow and have always wondered where you can get them? Well, now you know what to search for! These are nothing but Holographic Nail Polishes.
WHAT IS A HOLOGRAPHIC NAIL POLISH?
Holographic nail polishes are a unique type of glitter nail polish that scatters the light in such a way as to create a rainbow or a prism effect. Although the criteria for what is and isn’t a holographic polish aren’t fully defined, one definition suggests that if you squint at a glittery object and see a rainbow, it’s holographic.
TYPES OF HOLOGRAPHIC NAIL POLISHES:
There are different types of holographic nail polishes based on how the rainbow effect appears:
- Linear Holo: In this style, a uniform band of rainbow-ish hues is reflected linearly to create an attractive design. This is basically a Nail Art design but without all the hassle!
- Holo Glitter: As the name suggests, this type is characterized by its signature glittery and shimmery finish which makes it look like your hand is dipped in diamond dust. It combines the holo rainbow and sparkly textured glitter to provide that royal finish we all crave!
- Scattered Holo: This is a popular style in which glitter flakes and specs of holo particles in multiple sizes are scattered throughout randomly to create your ultimate sparkly wonderland!
PRO TIP: To capture the best Holographic effect, view them under the flashlight on your mobile phone. What you will see will blow your mind!
WHY ARE HOLOGRAPHIC NAIL POLISHES SO EXPENSIVE?
If you’ve ever shopped for these nail polishes, you must have noticed that they could be pretty pricey. Of course, it is worth it because after all, it leaves your nails looking stunning and splendid. Here is some insight from our side into why Holographic Nail Polishes tend to be on the more expensive side:
- The holo pigment formulated within the nail polish which gives Holographic Nail polishes its signature rainbow effect itself is expensive. The more effective and minute the pigment is, the costlier it is.
- During the manufacturing process, dissolving the pigment in the suspension and making it have an even formula and shining through requires still and proper equipment for mixing effectively. This tends to raise the budget during manufacturing and so the high price.
SECRET HACK: If you do not own a Holographic Nail Polish (which I highly recommend you should:-D), you can apply Holographic Nail Powder on your normal shade of Nail Polish and see a similar effect!
TOP 5 HOLOGRAPHIC NAIL POLISHES ON I LOVE MY POLISH:
Here are our recommendations for the top 5 Holographic Nail Polishes you can buy on the I Love My Polish website, the prices ranging from affordable to a splurge:
- BORN PRETTY FH SERIES (BUDGET-FRIENDLY):
Some of the best Holographic Nail Polish you can find at a more affordable price, the finish gives a galaxy-like look.
- NICOLE DIARY (BUDGET-FRIENDLY)
Another budget-friendly option for when you crave those sparkly hues.
DANCE LEGEND (MEDIUM)
It’s time to grab these if you’re looking for that prism-like effect with a range of playful colors to choose from.
- ILNP (PREMIUM)
The ultimate haven for anyone obsessed with holographic nail polishes, ILNP sets a new standard.
- PENELOPE LUZ (PREMIUM)
Worth every penny, this is a great option if you’re ready to splurge on some rad and stylish nails.