Attracted to Magnetic polishes? Here's how you use it!
April 07, 2022 / I Love My Polish / 0 comments
Here's the thing about magnetic polishes - they attract attention (pun intended), look sophisticated and yet are incredibly easy to do! Magnetic polishes have glitter magnetic powder suspended in them that form a pattern when you bring a magnet near it.
So, if you think you're not that good at nail art or if you simply don't have the time for an elaborate nail design, magnetic polishes are the way to go.
SUPPLIES YOU’LL NEED:
- Base coat - Gorgeous Cosmos Peel off Base coat
- Black polish- Opaque and fast drying polish like Littmuss Midnight
- Magnetic polish - This gorgeous El Corazon Kaleidoscope nail polish
- Magnet - A Dual Ended Magnet Stick will allow you to experiment with various styles (more about this below)
- Top coat - A good top coat like El Corazon 402 Top Coat
- Start by applying your base coat and then 1-2 coat of the black polish. Make sure to get it very opaque to bring out the best of your magnetic polish and to use fewer layers.
- Shake the bottle of magnetic polish well to disperse the magnetic particles evenly and then apply a slightly thick coat on your nail.
- IMMEDIATELY get your magnet and hold it over the nail for 10-15 seconds. This will allow the magnetic particles to set in a design.
- Move on to the next nail and repeat steps 2 - 3
- Once all nails are done and dry, apply a top coat carefully to each nail, so as to not disturb the particles. You can also hold the magnet over each nail again for 20-30 seconds as you apply the top coat.
- That's it! Now hold your fingers to the light and admire your handiwork ;-)
- Remember to apply the polish one finger at a time and use the magnet immediately. Repeat a similar process with the topcoat.
- Try out different magnet shapes for different designs. With the A Dual Ended Magnet Stick you can get the particles to set in a line design or a circle.